Client Terms and Conditions
This agreement applies between you, the Client, and PASS Tutors. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur when you first access the website or liaise directly with PASS Tutors. No variation or alteration of these terms and conditions shall be valid unless approved in writing by a Director of PASS Tutors. PASS Tutors reserves the right to alter and update these terms and conditions.
- By agreement of these Terms of Business a contractual relationship is formed by PASS Tutors and the Client whereby PASS Tutors acts as an agent of the Tutor providing introductions of Tutors to clients and vice versa. PASS Tutors collects the fees in advance on behalf of the Tutor.
- Scheduled tutorials will always take place on the day and time and venue specified in the letter or correspondence that accompanies these terms and conditions, unless a tutorial is rearranged for a time that is mutually convenient to both Tutor and the Client. Lessons will continue until a mutually agreed termination date.
- PASS Tutors strive to provide the best possible service. However, we cannot be held liable, accountable or responsible for the academic success or lack thereof demonstrated by the Client. Although we are willing to do everything within our power to help grades and skill sets improve, we cannot offer any guarantee of this.
- Any opinion given or spoken by the Tutor is not necessarily the expression of opinion of PASS Tutors.
- A monthly progress report will be provided to the Client by PASS Tutors.
Payment for Tuition
- Fees are agreed prior to tuition commencing in writing between PASS Tutors and the Client.
- They are not to be agreed with the Tutor or paid to the Tutor direct. Fees are normally a standard rate appropriate to the level of the tuition being provided. * PASS Tutors offers two forms of payment methods which are outlined below.
- By selecting a block booking of 10 or more tutoring sessions a reduced rate is offered. This booking must be paid in advance, in full, direct to PASS Tutors prior to the commencement of the first session. The prepaid sessions are valid for no longer of 3 months from that start of the first session, or 6 months since payment was received.
- At the end of a pre-paid course tuition will automatically continue unless the Client has stated otherwise in writing to PASS Tutors with at least one week’s notice. Please note that this will be on the basis of single tutoring payment with no reduced rate. The client is welcome to contact PASS Tutors prior to expiry of the pre-paid course of sessions to rebook a course at a reduced rate.
- Single tutoring sessions must be paid in advance, in full, direct to PASS Tutors prior to the commencement of the first session. Accrual of sessions over time does not qualify a reduced rate.
- Workshops are billed on a termly basis unless specified in writing between the Client and PASS Tutors. Payment must be paid in advance, in full, direct to PASS Tutors prior to commencement of the first session.
- PASS Tutors spends significant time researching the Client’s specific requirements and needs, creating fun planned classes and sourcing the best possible tutors to match the student’s needs. We therefore require a one off fee of £25 for registration and administration.
- Invoices are due to be paid no later than 5 days from the date of the invoice. PASS Tutors may charge interest in the outstanding charge at a rate of 7% per annum above the base lending rate set by the Bank of England from the due date to the date the outstanding payment is obtained. No Court order is required to be obtained.
- Once tuition has commenced, there are no refunds for the cancellation of sessions by the Client prior to the completion of the course or session.
- PASS Tutors, however, are aware that classes are required to be arranged for such things as illness and holidays. These classes can be rescheduled providing that at least 48 hours’ notice has been given. In the event lessons are cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice, the Client will be charged at a rate of no more than 1 hour rate of instruction.
- PASS Tutors regrets that Workshops cannot be rearranged and can offer no alternative for classes missed.
- The Client is entitled to cancel the contract between themselves and PASS Tutors within 5 working days of your acceptance or deemed acceptance of these Terms of Business, in which case the client will be entitled to a refund of all Fees paid minus the administration cost. In the event that an administration cost has been waivered, the amount of £25 will be deducted from the fees paid before reimbursement.
- The registration fee is only refundable after a month in the event that a suitable Tutor has not been found.
- In the event a Tutor fails to turn up to a tuition session, without prior notice, PASS Tutors should be notified as soon as possible. PASS Tutors will endeavour to reschedule the lesson as soon as possible, to a day that is suitable for the Client or refund the Client for the missed lesson.
Tuition stopped by a Tutor or PASS Tutors
- If a Tutor, for any reason, has to stop tuition mid-course, PASS Tutors seek to minimise disruption to the pupil’s progress and will endeavour to source a replacement Tutor as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- The Client is not permitted to make private arrangements for tuition with a Tutor introduced to them by PASS Tutors. Should a Client breach this obligation, they will liable to account to PASS Tutors for all sums paid to the Tutor without deduction and PASS Tutors shall be entitled to obtain an injunction against a Client to prevent further breaches. This obligation shall continue notwithstanding termination of this agreement.
- All materials that PASS Tutors create in-house are copyright. You, the Client, agree that you will not distribute or publish any portion of any materials without prior written consent from PASS Tutors.
- Copyright of the website and its content rests with PASS Tutors or licensors. All rights reserved.
- PASS Tutors, and any Tutor working through PASS Tutors, is not liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of use of our tutoring service, or any errors or omissions in the content of our materials. You as the client specifically waivers any and all claims arising out of the use of this tutoring service.
- PASS Tutors cannot be held responsible for chaperoning pupils, and nor is responsible for safeguarding the house and effects within whilst tutoring sessions are taking place.
Third Party Information
- PASS Tutors may provide worksheets, information packs and links to other websites, which are not under PASS Tutors control. PASS Tutors are not responsible in any way for the content of such information or matters and take no responsibility for their accuracy and does not imply endorsement by PASS Tutors for the content of such information.
Data Protection Act
- PASS Tutors is registered under the Data Protection Act and use client information and data for the purpose of the service it provides. Clients providing personal data to PASS Tutors are consenting them to the use of the information enabling them to be able to provide the service PASS Tutors offer. This may include passing information onto third parties, for example Tutors, using it for billing and fee collecting and allow a continuous dialog between the Client and PASS Tutors.